Monday, June 27, 2011

Van service

Lots of news incoming, some good, some bad (for some and good for others).... Still although unbeknownst to me through direct communication, I see change, and I believe, from Viva Primo Train.

The latest is problems with PTI. Well we knew about problems we experience, but on a more human level, some of the drivers are being shorted pay. Bottom line, they deserve our courtesy and consideration. I hear this one a lot, trainmen in the van complaining about their pay, etc. And always I wonder how the drivers feel on their wages. If nothing else, they deserve our courtesy.

Human to human, we all struggle, on some level. So today, try to go beyond yourself and ask sincerely how someone else is doing, then really listen with your heart. When someone is rude to you, if you do not react negatively but instead say, "are you
having a bad day?", you will be surprised that your kindness also transforms you and changes how others see you.

I have been requesting from management for some time to add more vans and see that trainmen are handled more efficiently. This will save management money overall. Now a big question is, how is budget handled? What is Fort Worth and what is pushed off into another budget? Unfortunately, money, not human consideration for a better more fair world, seems to grease the wheels.

This morn, I met Jeffrey Phillips, regional manager of PTI. We started off in a heated discussion, defensive on his part, and territorial as to why I would impose. I will stand up for the people, bottom line. I cannot stand to see people or animals mistreated. Another me comes out to defend. I am helping to empower these drivers to know more and stand up for themselves. This is what we all must do; stand together; make a team. Together we cannot be defeated. Grace of God, Jeffrey and I found reason. He was going to meet with Ron Belnap and I only hope I inspired improvements. Long term is the key and continuation not to fold but stand strong.

Thanks guys, for keeping me going with your reportings of delays and sharing of stories that help me see "your" big picture so that Viva Primo Train will grow stronger as a positive asset in the railroading industry. Remember to use our mailbox at NEY YARD or email.

Sincerely ........have a blessed day, and make the world a better place.
Mitzi. I appreciate comments.

No comments:

Post a Comment